Thursday, March 14, 2013

53. *2. Immediate Consequences Of The Primative Propositions



Harold R. (Hal) Foster’s Prince Valiant
© Respective copyright/trademark holders.

I don’t like to go so long between posts here, but my progress has been slowed for a number of reasons. I must confess chief among them is the diminished interest in the topic I feel at present. I am not mathematical by nature, and have spent forty years in ducking learning about it as much possible. However my work here has sparked an interest in learning more; and although my desire has not yet caught fire I feel it is only a matter of time before I reach more clarity with this. In addition the equations involved introduce typographical issues which are laborious to transcribe and require very much more effort to proofread.  Also I cannot post as text because this blog won’t support it. So I have to print and scan each post, and then if I spot an error after publishing it is an ordeal to correct it.

Why bother? I just adore the complexity of Whitehead and Russell’s work. Just look at the post below: 1350+ words comprise less than half of the summary of this part describing the immediate consequences of the primitive propositions! I think it is also wise to point out here that M. Jean Nicod published a paper demonstrating that our primitive propositions *1-*6 can be replaced with one single primitive proposition. I hasten to add that M. Nicod did so with the benefit of having studied our authors work, and for this reason I feel it is imperative to have at our text as written, for my purpose is to assimilate the work at hand before departing from it.


Script: Bob Wood? Pencils & Inks: Alan Mandel© Respective copyright/trademark holders.


Harold R. (Hal) Foster’s Prince Valiant
© Respective copyright/trademark holders.




Script: Bob Haney  Pencils & Inks: Bernard Baily © Respective copyright/trademark holders.


Harold R. (Hal) Foster’s Prince Valiant
© Respective copyright/trademark holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment