Thursday, December 4, 2014

juke box hero?

 Hot white dwarf star
 Hot comet queenie

Juke Box Hero?

Yes, you may say I do, in fact, have stars in my eyes. Or perhaps more accurately stated I have become enamored with the concept of the vibration of the stars in the galaxy; and the origins and affects of these vibrations, both physical and ideological. For no reason beyond the challenge, and my interest I have begun to study the first volume of the selected works of S. Chandrasekhar published by the University of Chicago Press beginning in 1989.

I frankly have no background in this subject whatsoever, but in pursuing this subject I am gratifying my attraction to the equations that make up the works. Seeing them printed in my book I am drawn to the faint familiarity I sense in the equation's structures, even as I have no definitions for the terms that make them up.  
As I begin here now
So I have harvested a broad range of glossaries of physics terms and symbols from online sources and Am spending time reviewing; and enjoying it well enough to see at least a possibility of penetrating my subject to good effect. I sense in the subject of this first volume, Stellar Structure and Stellar Atmospheres, new sources of inspiration in my continuing work in metaphysics and the humanities. I feel the 'truth' this field has found in measurement and deductive reasoning will give me fresh perspectives and help me to find new meaning in all that I already reasonably think I know.

I confess I am distracted by lovely concepts as 'masses of quantum multiplied by the velocity of the speed of light' and find myself staring off with a goofy grin on my face.  Seeing common terms defined technically in scientific terms is so amusing to me that this project seems delightful to me now but I realize that the subject may well be beyond my capacity yet still, and I may be forced to abandon this subject; but I intend to try my best, without regard to any time schedule, but only guided by my own capacity.






No comments:

Post a Comment